Pursuant to the Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data dated 8 May 2014, the subsequent "Clarifications on the implementation of legislation on cookies" and Art. 13 of the Personal Data Protection Code (Italian Legislative Decree No. 196/2003), Salvadori S.p.A. provides herewith the information relating to the cookies on this website.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text strings, which the websites visited by the user send to their terminal (usually the browser), where they are stored and then sent back to the same websites during the same user's next visit. While navigating a site, a user may also receive cookies on their terminal that are sent from different websites or servers (so called "third parties"), which contain certain elements (such as, for example, pictures, maps, sounds, specific links to pages on other domains) found on the website that the user is visiting.
Cookies, which are usually on the users' browser in significant numbers and sometimes of persistent duration, are used for different purposes: to carry out IT authentication, monitoring sessions, storing information about specific configurations regarding the users accessing the server, etc.
Types of Cookies used on this website
Technical cookies are used on this site for the sole purpose of "transmitting a communication on an electronic communications network, or to the extent that is strictly necessary to the provider of an IT service company that was explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide said service" (see Art. 122, paragraph 1 of the Code). They are not used for additional purposes and can be subdivided into navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and usage of the website (for example, allowing the user to make a purchase or authenticate access to restricted areas).
Technical cookies are similar to analytics cookies, which are used directly by the site operator to collect information, in an aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site; functionality cookies allow the user to browse based on a series of selected criteria (for example, language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided to the user.
Pursuant to Art. 122, paragraph 1 of the Code, the user does not need to give their consent for these cookies.
Analytics cookies used by third parties
Analytics cookies used on this site by Google Analytics (or Alphabet Inc., the holding company of Google Inc.) collect information, in an aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site. Pursuant to Art. 122, paragraph 1 of the Code, users need to give their consent for these cookies.
Profiling cookies are used on this internet site to create profiles relative to the user. They are then used to send advertising messages that correspond to the preferences shown by the user when surfing the net.
This website also has third-party profiling cookies, and in particular those of Cloudflare Inc. and Alphabet Inc. (Google Inc. holding company)
Pursuant to Art. 122, paragraph 1 of the Code, users need to give their consent for these cookies.
Summary table of cookies used on the site
The characteristics of all the cookies used on the site, with the relevant duration are described below.
If you do not wish your computer to receive and store cookies, you can change the security settings on your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc.). If you want to change your settings for cookies, you can do so by accessing the settings of the various browsers. Brief instructions are provided below on how to do this on the four most popular browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer - Click on the ‘Tools' icon in the top right hand corner and select 'Internet options'. In the pop up window, select 'Privacy'. You can change your cookies' settings here.
Google Chrome - Click on the wrench in the top right hand corner and select 'Settings'. Then select 'Show advanced settings'("Under the hood") and change the Privacy' settings.
Mozilla Firefox - Select 'Options’ from the drop-down menu in the top left hand corner. In the pop up window, select 'Privacy'. You can change your cookies' settings here.
Safari - Select 'Preferences' from the drop-down settings menu in the top right corner. Select 'Security' and you can change your cookies' settings here.
The failure to approve and/or disable some of the cookies mentioned above could lead to this website functioning incorrectly. In fact certain parts of our site may only be fully utilised if your browser accepts cookies; otherwise (for example), you will not be able to add products to your shopping cart and buy them. As a result, your decision to remove and not accept cookies, may negatively affect your visit to our site.
Purposes and methods for processing personal data collected using cookies
Salvadori S.p.A., with registered offices in Venice at Piazza San Marco 67, VAT No. 02122320274 is the Data Controller. Data collected using cookies will not be disclosed, and will only be used for the purposes set out under the definitions of the various types of cookies. Data shall be processed by employees and associates of Salvadori S.p.A., in their capacity as processors and supervisors of the data processing. This data may also be processed by third party companies holding the profiling cookies. These companies, as indicated above, in each case cover the function of Data Supervisor.
Rights to access the user's personal data (Art. 7 of the Personal Data Protection Code)
- The data subject is entitled to receive confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them exists, even if the data has not yet been recorded, and to have the data communicated in an intelligible format.
- The data subject is entitled to obtain the following information:
- the source of the personal data;
- the purposes and methods of processing;
- the logic applied in the case of processing done by electronic means;
- the details identifying the Data Controller, the Data Supervisors and the representative designated pursuant to Art. 5, paragraph 2;
- the parties or categories of parties to whom the personal data may be communicated, or that may gain knowledge thereof in their capacity as representatives designated within the country, data supervisors or processors.
- The data subject is entitled to obtain:
- the updating, amendment, or, where necessary, the supplementing of data;
- the deletion, transformation into an anonymous format, or blocking of data processed unlawfully, including data that does not need to be retained for the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently processed;
- confirmation that those to whom the data was communicated or disclosed have been notified of the operations referred to in points (a) and (b), including their content, unless the fulfilment thereof proves impossible or involves the use of means that are clearly disproportionate in relation to the right being protected.
- The data subject is entitled to object, in whole or in part:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of their personal data, even though relevant to the purpose that it was collected for;
- to the processing of their personal data for the purpose of sending advertising material or direct sales, or for conducting market research or commercial communications.
To exercise your rights you can contact the Data Controller by sending written notice to the e-mail email@example.com